tisdag 16 juli 2013

Week 2, Day 2 - All about embossing

Today at Summer Card Camp 2 we got to learn different embosssing techniques. Our homework then was to create a card with heat embossing and using the color combo for this week. I wanted to try the technique that Jennifer showed us about embossing with clear powder on top of the stamps and then use distress pens to make a watercolor shading behind the stamps. Forgot the last step so I don't have any watercolor shading around my flowers and don't know how well it would turn out since I didn't user watercolor paper so I leave it like this and try to make another card one day.

I usually just wing it when I stamp and don't really have a clear plan but today I stamped the flowers first on a pice of scrap paper to see how it would turn out. Maybe I should do that more often:)


 Can you see the clear embossing shining on top of the flowers?


Supplies I used:
Hero Arts ink pads: Green Hills, Pool and Cup O' Joe
Jenni Bowlin ink pad: Seed Packet
Stamps from My Favorite Things, Sweet Roses, K-design
Embossing powder from Wow: Clear and Blue Glitz ( for the text stamp)

4 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

This is lovely! You achieved the effect beautifully. Well done :)

TLady sa...

VERY NICE CISI!!!!!!!! I LIKE this technique too! (& I like the idea of stamping on scrap paper too!) See you over at CAMP!:) (THANKS for visiting my blog!) :)

Harriet Skelly sa...

This is beautiful - great job with the lesson!

Nora Noll sa...

This is stunning!! LOVE the dark blue you used on this and how you used pearls for the center. Great take on the challenge!!